What have we become?!

Monday, November 16, 2015

This may be my first ever serious blog post. I just really had to share my thoughts on all this because if I don't I won't be able to move on.

I've just had it with current events lately.


It's a week long holiday and I have a lot planned - meet deadlines, study and more studying. Oh but I really shouldn't have surfed the net and dug for information. Why? Because everything online right now is so depressing and scary that I just want to lock myself in my room or travel really really far away from this planet, away from all this bullshit and suffering and hopelessness.

Alma Moreno - Karen Davila Interview
Yes, she's only human. But why on earth would I vote for someone who doesn't even know shit about the law. Filipinos who comment on the said post were no different, commenting on how she doesn't understand English, how she used to be a rated SPG actress, how excessive her gestures are.. asdfghjkl. GISING PILIPINAS. Everyone is missing the point. OMG Please. I am begging you. Don't be stupid and please know your leaders beforehand. What really grinds my gear is not Alma Moreno herself. She is just a mere representation of incompetent leaders who ended up as high officials in the government because of fame and money. Again, GISING PILIPINAS. Simple lang naman eh. Who we want is someone competent and would handle major economic problems FOR THE GOOD OF PEOPLE and not FOR THE GOOD OF THEMSELVES.

Tanim Bala Gang
I. Can't. Even. with this one. Where has humanity, respect, morals gone? Our local system must be so messed up the people gave up on everything and went to the dark side. Wala na silang kinakatakutan ba. Reading about all the modus operandi and realizing how people are becoming more and more DESPERATE really scares me. It's not safe out anymore. You can't trust anyone anymore. These people are not afraid to turn their back on their fellow out of despair - these people who you consider as a kababayan.

(MANILA, Phils.) Drug-crazed man takes kid as hostage
Watching the video felt like I was the one about to be stabbed in the heart as my heart ached from the girl's plea for freedom. We've lost all morality, sense and most importantly, control over our lives that we dare to risk it (and some one else's). Although he was put to rest and the girl was set free unharmed, the thought of it happening again is not impossible. The power of drugs is inconceivable.

Paris Attacks
Do I even have to say anything about this one?
I am a Muslim, they are Muslims (probably), and Islam is the religion of peace. We have different views on what the Holy Qur'an dictates but I am absolutely sure that that is not what it teaches. I may not be the most religious but I am most positive that the Almighty Allah did not ask us to kill our fellow, even if that fellow does not have the same beliefs as you do.

Everything is so messed up. I pray that this will all be resolved and that happy days will soon come after so much sufferings.

No comments:

Post a Comment