One semester down! ✌

Thursday, October 22, 2015

HELL YEAH! It's finally the long awaited semester break!


I've never been so appreciative of breaks. Before it's usually just "Oh it's vacation already? Okay." but now it's like "FREAKING END THE SEM ALREADY!"

It feels like such a huge accomplishment to have finished a semester in med school. My brain was way past its limit and it's incredible how I'm still functioning despite the solid sleepless nights. Though compared to the first few months of it, I think I've finally adjusted. I'm slowly getting the feel of things and the adrenaline rush is kind of addicting. One reason why I decided to pursue medicine? I like learning. Those 'eureka moments' you get when integrating concepts are like having unlocked a level in a game. Priceless. Anyway, enough school talk.

I have a bucket list of things for this break.
1. One big thing that I would be doing is to go hiking. I've always wanted to try it but it usually ends as a day dream. But after the arduous 4 months in school, some soul searching is def a need to reinvigorate my tired mind. Making it real this time. In fact, the date it set and reservation is booked! Yasss. #AHJventures
2. Restore health - lessen the risk of non communicable disease. Med school is stress and eats up so much of my time. I gained a lot over the 4 months and based from all the laboratory work we did in class (bp, heart rate, respi, etc), I'm out of shape. I have to work out and watch my intake. Bring back the athlete in me!
3. Pampering is a must. Need to have my hair done, get my facial, my dental, and all that girly shizz I haven't done for so long. Must. Unzombify. Self.
4. Errands, errands, errands. Stock up on my supplies, tidy up the room, update the board of memories, preparations for the second semester, and get my voters ID. I'm gonna slack off but not entirely. I mean I still have responsibilities. Ugh.
5. Restore relationships. Family bonding and ahhh social life. Probably gonna meet up with friends and catch up. Med school has made me anti social, it's scary.
6. Last but not least, implanting my self in bed. I need sleep - lots of it. I'm just gonna snuggle up in my PJ's, catch up on series, movies, and well.. life and do nothing the rest of the day. Happiness is not setting up an alarm for the next day. Weeee.


No comments:

Post a Comment