WTF: Where's the Food.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Maginhawa QC Food Festival
October 11, 2014

I love Maginhawa. It's truly QC's food Mecca and I'm very lucky (whenever I have money that is) to be living close by. Me and my friends would really love to try all the restaurants there someday. And as if the world is giving us permission to do so, Maginhawa became one of the host for the 75th QC Anniversary!


I'll keep the reviews short but meaty (pun intended).

1. Stuff Over Burger Cafe
Place was small but intimate. Great for chilling when alone or with a good friend. Not advisable for barkada meetings, definitely. Service was fast. Price was reasonable. The burgers, though the meat was yummy, the bread was something you can get out of the grocery store. It wasn't chewy at all, matter of fact it was crunchy and cold. Same goes for the fries.
Rating: 7

2. Crazy Katsu
I expected a lot from this place since a lot of people I know said good things about it. Though it wasn't entirely a let down, something was off. Maybe it just wasn't the Japanese food I was looking for that day? Probably. I tried out their best-seller and for me it didn't feel like the best, sorry. Price was fine. Service too. Place was nice and could accommodate a few more than Stuff Over Burgers.
Rating: 8

3. Taste of Heaven
YUMMY. It did feel like a taste of heaven. This is the best milkshake I've ever had so far. Then again, it was the only milkshake place I know. Haha. I went here twice already and it still makes me want to try out other flavors. Cut a long story short, I'm lactose intolerant but they make me crave for their milkshakes whenever I'm in the area.
Rating: 9

4. Cha Dao Tea Place
What can I say, an ordinary milk tea place. Not the best one but good enough to quench a thirst. The lady in the counter was nice too, points for her. :)
Rating: 7

5. Katz Diner
After hours of travelling Maginhawa, we had our lunch at this newly opened (not sure) restaurant along Malingap. It had this homey feel to it. I think it was the owner, a very sweet old lady, who personally handed me their menu. I was so touched for words at that time. Haha. The place was almost packed and it may be because they just opened but I noticed they were a bit agitated. Personally I think it's great they were because it makes them watch out for every customer. Food was fine, good enough to leave my empty stomach satisfied. Price was a bit expensive. But I will probably come back to have brunch or something again there someday.
Rating: 9

Looking forward for more Maginhawa Adventures with my favorite people! The best feeling is to eat good food with good people. This is what makes me happy.

- - - - -

Highschool King of Savvy
(Wrote this weeks ago. Only posting them now.)

Some of you might hate me for this. But that was the worst ending for a drama ever.
Didn't like it at all. I may have been expecting something different or I might have an unreasonably high standards for drama endings but for me that ending was just messy and sorta lame.

*SPOILER* What ever happened to the other characters? I want to see the progress between the director and that lady. What about his parent issues? What about the older brother? And that wedding! What is up with that. I have a looot of questions. The ending felt unfinished. It felt something like "Screw it, do whatever you want for the ending." It just wasn't well thought off, you know? *END SPOILER*

Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na's acting were adorable though. Usually after leads get together it gets real mushy and lame. Theirs wasn't. And for that, I'm giving you a fair score.

Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment