Movie Marathon

Friday, August 1, 2014

Obsessing over Step Up at the moment.


Watched Step Up 5 earlier this week and decided to watch all the others as I got home. I'm no dancer but I just love watching people dance. This is one of the many reasons I love kpop: they're flawless and they always make me wish I could do whatever that is they're doing. I mean dance.. everyone can do it. Some are just better than some but certainly everyone can dance. Certainly.

Now before I go all Shakespeare over it, here's what I think. Step Up 3 is THE best. I know some of you might disagree, but let's just agree to disagree.

Step Up 3: the neofly light dance was way dope. And that water dance? Oh c'mon, not everyone can look like Moose when playing with water. Some will look silly. Step Up 5: I get that since it's Vegas, they had to make use of so much light. But well, there's just too many that it gets distracting. The fire and sand dance was cool though. Step Up 4: Loved the suit dance. Step Up 1: Channing Tatum. Step Up 2: I can only remember the Bounce dance.

Long post short, the best dancers where robot man and Moose. Lead male and female? Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I think they're just visuals.

Rating (by order/sequel): 8, 6, 9.5, 8, 8.


Here's another movie I saw when I was busy bumming around.
500 days of Summer. I thought this was one of those films that got popular because of the hipster feels. It did feel hipster, but it also had a deep story but not 'Japanese' deep. The message was pretty straight forward but yeah, it was meaningful. It gives you something to contemplate about, how some of us are blinded by fate and destiny which complicates things, really. We may not always get what we want. Like what that one dude said about his girlfriend being nowhere near his dream girl. But he likes it that way because her girlfriend? She's real.

Again, let's agree to disagree. I for one don't believe in those things. When people ask me about it I honestly couldn't care less. Nothing is forever. If it comes, it comes. If it ends, it ends. It's simple. Why make it complicated?

"Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memory made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life."

Rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment