It's that time of the year.

Monday, June 30, 2014

And so it came, the Holy Month of Ramadan.


For a whole day until sun down, we refrain from eating and drinking. Like the gif, I don't know what or how to feel to be honest. It may seem rather extreme for some people and at some point I would have to agree with them. But let me tell you this, pitying us doesn't help.

I'd like to take this opportunity to explain on behalf of my brothers and sisters. People see this practice as something dreadful. It's been years since I started this religious observance. Truth is, I'm kind of used to it. And really, I don't mind doing it. It's my choice and it's not like I'm compelled to do it (well, we sorta are). Just a friendly reminder for some of you: when someone you know is fasting, instead of feeling sorry for us, encourage us. The month of Ramadan is considered a sacred month when we fulfill our obligations as a believer of this faith and not as robots merely fasting for compliance. In short, we don't see fasting as savagery but rather a salvation. I'll give you some time to let that sink in.

Ramadan Mubarak!

Master's Sun


Synopsis (wiki.d-addicts.com reference):
Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) is a cold and ambitious CEO, who measures all human relationships through money. Tae Gong Shil (Gong Hyo Jin) is a sensitive assistant, who suffers from insomnia, due to her ability to see ghosts after an accident. Joong Won will learn to trust Gong Shil and falls in love with her.

What a strange drama. It was different, I'll tell you that. For one, they weren't too fashion oriented like most dramas I know. There was not one outfit, that stood out. Here the lead usually wears ragged jeans and a worn out shirt and she's pretty jolly about it. Not sure if it was intentional but it felt down-to-earth, which for me is something good. As for the story.. points for being funny and cute. The story line was thought-provoking, but you lost me at the far end. This is embarrassing but I really don't remember the ending. Guess it wasn't that memorable. Basically, the synopsis is.. as it is. Just add the tragic story of Mr. CEO and you have the whole drama in front of you. It was still a good watch though. Seo In-guk was a plus!

Rating: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment