Why Psychology?

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I don't even know how many times I've heard that question before. And from what I remember, I always tell them "Because it's a pre-med course." But now that I think about it, there's more to it than just that.

When I was young, you wouldn't believe how withdrawn I was from everyone. When I ask people how I was as a kid they would stop there and say, I don't remember. Apparently, my presence wasn't made that visible. At some point though, I felt I wanted to change. And maybe (just maybe) my choice as a Psychology student was the first step.


To my professors. Thank you for helping me grow as a person. You were patient enough to share to us what you know and help us understand the world slowly but surely. I would want you to know that I had so many light bulb moments (during those lonely jeepney rides going home) because of you. I won't lie though. There were times I felt incompetent, sluggish, drained and just.. lifeless because of school. It wasn't easy taking your class. And nobody said it would be. But as hard as it may go, I always find myself making an effort to improve. And it's all thanks to you. You have trained me to become competent, hard working, and you have filled my life with meaning. I will carry all these lessons with me as I set to another journey. My deepest thank you for all your help. ♥♥♥

To my friends. You made my four year stay in college bearable. We had a lot of good laughs and there were also tough times, but what's important is that you stayed with me until the end. This goes out to all my friends, HS and college. Blockmates, I want you to know how blessed I am to be part of such kind, considerate, smart, supportive and just.. beautiful (inside and out) block. Pwera bola ah. Haha. I will NEVER forget those times na tuwing may isserve na pagkain sa ating lahat, immediately you'd ask me "Ahj, pano ka?" Haha. Sobrang cute niyo lang. Believe me or not, I am very happy I ended up with considerate people like you. Sad truth is that we won't be seeing each other much after this and probably get to talk less, but I hope we won't stay as facebook friends lang. :) Nwy, congratulations to us! I wish everyone the best. I hope that whatever you turn out to be in the future is what you really want to be and that you're happy. I love you, guys! ♥♥♥

To my family. Especially to my parents. You served as an inspiration for me to continue. The intro of this post, I direct it to all of you. It seems that I went into Psychology because I wanted to reach out to you, to understand you. And look at me now. I feel connected and I'm even making an effort to maintain the ties. I know we're not the type to show emotions but I surprisingly like it that way. Self contained man tayo lahat, I still feel that warmth and deep affection of a family. I am more than blessed to have lived my 20 years with you. At this point, I would like to thank you for providing me with the support needed in order to push myself to succeed. ♥♥♥

To Allah the Almighty. To the One who gave me life. Thank You for allowing me to meet such people. I admit that there are times when I question You about the circumstances of life, but in the end, I begin to realize that they're just struggles and challenges which makes me a better person. I still have a long way to go and I ask for Your guidance all through out. I am sorry and I thank You. ♥♥♥

They say that when a door closes, another one opens. Medical life na kaya ang door na yun? Well, sana. Haha. Whatever happens, I got them ^ naman. The 8th cardinal rule: "If you've been feeling worn down or just uninspired, don't just lie down and accept your status. There are ways to improve."

Let's strive for a meaningful life.

1 comment: