Cheese in the Trap + Reply 1988

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Wow. Kdramas nowadays just keeps getting better and better. My expectations for the next ones are soaring!! It used to be just about getting butterflies in the stomach, but now I feel all sorts of insects inside me. Lol

Cheese in the Trap
"Drama depicts the delicate relationship between female university student Hong-Seol (Kim Go-Eun) and her senior Yoo-Jung (Park Hae-Jin). Hong-Seol works part-time due to her family's poor background. Yoo-Jung is good looking, gets good grades, athletic and has a kind personality, but he has a dark side." [MyAsianTV.se] -emphasis on the dark side.

I don't regret watching this while I cram for the next days test. I'm a total sucker for slice of life dramas and this one was pretty good. Watching this made me realize how the past (like your upbringing for example) can really affect the future you. There were scenes where you start to feel for the actors.. but then again, every character was pretty much psychotic. Haha. You start to love, hate, get annoyed but in the end its all gonna make sense. A very mature drama that deserves a lot of credit. While I understand why a lot of you hated that ending, I for one could not think of a better way of ending it as smoothly. I mean, what's not to love? One last thing, the leads got together before the drama ended. I rarely finish dramas that gets mushy and ekk. It gets boring from there most of the time. This was an exception though. Watch it then look me straight in the eyes and tell me they weren't goals. I dare you. I freaking dare you. Haha. This ship was absolutely sailing. <3
Rating: 9.5

Reply 1988
Set in the year 1988 at a neighborhood in Seoul, South Korea. Five families live on the same alley road. [MyAsianTV.se] 

Marking this as one of my new faves! It was wholesome - family, friends, dreams, romance, school, etc. The story is basically just the plot and the thrill here is to guess who the future husband is. It didn't took much mental effort to guess who it was though. But I think the main point of the story was being with people you love most and growing up with them through everything. I envy their clingyness so muchhh. Never a dull moment with these people. :) Cried rivers when it ended huhu. I even had to watch behind the scenes for me to feel better. But these guys.. they sure are dorks in real life. It's like they weren't even acting! Aigoo cute little dorks. I really couldn't say much except WATCH IT. Oh and heads up on episode 18. That scene.. it's gonna play in my head forever.
Rating: 10+

(I just started watching Youth Over Flowers-Africa and everyone will def agree with me when I say that Park Bogum is Choi Taek in real life. Haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment